We currently have 2 job opportunities :
Also, the following positions don't currently have an application deadline, but we are inviting applications from good candidates in the expectation of the position being confirmed in the short to medium term:
To be the first to find out about new open positions, follow us on LinkedIn where we announce new vacancies, as well as interesting information about teaching and ESL.
If you are interested in working with us in a different role, you can send your CV to email@example.com - we are always interested in hearing from promising professionals.
Business English Teacher / Trainer - fixed term
TJ Taylor is a progressive language and business skills training company that works with companies and organisations. We believe in creating a supportive and professional working atmosphere which encourages our teachers to aim for the highest levels of professionalism and student progress.
We offer staff training, substantial didactic freedom, and a range of interesting students, in return for a dedication to results and accountability.
"Our teachers both deliver and design training, getting involved in needs analysis, support and scheduling."
Our language trainers design and deliver in-company courses, and provide support to the students. Our teachers have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and get involved in testing, content creation and curriculum development.
We are looking for talented, professional teachers with a real passion for training, a student-centred approach, an in-depth understanding of business communication, and a commitment to continuous development and improvement. The key personal qualities we look for are emotional intelligence, curiosity, and ethics.
Who you'll work with:
The majority of your time will be spent with the students in class, both individual and small group lessons, which are almost always taught in-company. You will have some interaction with the other teachers at locations where there are multiple courses at the same time, and at the start when you're settling in. Alex will be your main contact for advice, admin, help with scheduling and teacher development.
- fixed monthly salary for contract duration or calendar/academic year *
- training programs and a focus on continuous professional development, with possible mentoring programs. After their first period with us teachers are given the possibility of working towards a CertIBET, DELTA or following another appropriate development path.
- attractive compensation package including course/contract completion bonus
- paid holidays in August and December (4 weeks) *
- Monday to Friday schedule with no weekends
- access to our digital materials and resources library
- a path that can lead to becoming a partner in our firm
- discounts on teaching-related technology
- membership of IATEFL including training events, journals and conferences
"I have had experiences with many language schools in Italy, however TJ Taylor is by far the best"
Deirdre Hanley, former teacher, review on Facebook after returning to Ireland
* Full time positions are fixed term and offer a stable, fixed monthly salary, including 4 weeks holiday over the summer and Christmas periods. We also offer part time and independent associate positions, which are paid on a contact hour basis.
- native English speaker
- either at least 2 years' corporate language training experience, or alternatively, a minimum of 1 year's training experience, preferably in a corporate environment, with at least 3 years' professional experience in a business environment
- recognized TEFL qualification (CELTA or equivalent, with a substantial classroom practice component). In special circumstances similar alternative qualifications such as the CPLP or PTLLS may be acceptable.
- a passion for teaching and language, high emotional intelligence and well developed interpersonal skills
- good educational background and IT skills
- valid Italian work visa or EU passport
- already resident in or around Milan or Trieste
- priority will be given to candidates with experience in the application of English to finance, sales & marketing, law, HR or skills training.
- prior knowledge of blended programs, technology or new developments in training is an advantage.
How to apply:
The deadline for job applications is TBC, and all applications receive an answer.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following phrase: "In accordance with the Italian Data Protection Law No.196/2003, I authorize the use of my personal data for considering my job application":Apply by email
(The button above uses your device's default email programme. If you want to use webmail, just copy and paste the email address above.)
We have a 3 stage interview process: a short telephone screening interview, followed by a preliminary interview in person, after which candidates are short-listed (2 candidates per position) and invited to a second interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Advice on Teaching in Italy
To help EFL/ESL teachers avoid some of the more common problems we have put together some advice on teaching English in Italy.
If there is any other information you would like us to add, please get in touch and let us know.